WWE’s second-most-popular cage-related event, Elimination Chamber, is just around the corner, and the investigative journalists at Kayfabe News are going out on a limb by predicting all seven men to compete in the event’s eponymous main event this Sunday.
Based on backstage rumors, leaked documents, and information published by the always-reliable Dan Mutzler, we have compiled this list of the seven men most likely to do battle in the so-called “Devil’s Playground.”
- Brock Lesnar. This one’s pretty obvious. He’s the Universal Champion, so he has to appear at every pay-per-view, right?
- Cesaro. Don’t count the Swiss Superman out — he’s got the power to eliminate anyone. Plus, he already smashed in his two front teeth, so the demonic steel enclosure doesn’t scare him.
- Kane. Would it be a WWE pay-per-view without Kane?
- Samoa Joe. Officially, he’s still out of commission with a “foot injury.” But John Cena once returned way ahead of schedule with a neck injury. Surely Samoa Joe (real name Rocky Anoa’i) is biding his time for a surprise return in the chamber.
- Kurt Angle. Duh.
- Dean Ambrose. Expect him to replicate his infamous power-tool bloodbaths from CZW. WWE is past the whole PG thing by now, right?
- The Undertaker. Some people complained that his promo at Raw 25 was too cryptic. But anyone with half a brain knows that he was entering himself in the Elimination Chamber match. It couldn’t have been more obvious.
And can take those predictions to the bank!
A WWE spokesperson tried to convince us today that the main event competitors have already been announced — he said they were Braun Strowman, Elias, John Cena, The Miz, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Finn Balor — but that all just seems pretty silly and unlikely.