During a media conference call this afternoon, sports-entertainment mogul Vince McMahon said “it is time to heat things up, quite frankly” as he unveiled the updated name and branding of Monday Night Raw, now renamed RAW 2.o — COOKED.
McMahon said the old Monday Night Raw had become “passe, quite frankly,” and he said it in a way that was indeed quite frank.
RAW 2.0 — COOKED will, according to a WWE press release, will feature a number of new programming elements, such as:
- A fourth hour
- And a fifth hour, allowing time for more pre-taped backstage skits
- Rather than the traditional red, ring ropes will be made of a new type of perfectly transparent polymer. It creates the effect of wrestlers bouncing off of invisible force-fields, and McMahon told reporters on the call that it was “such good… stuff, and things of that nature, quite frankly.”
- All logos, graphics, lower-thirds, animations and TitanTron entrances must contain every colour of the rainbow and the entire visible spectrum.
- In the name of equality, the card of RAW 2.0 — COOKED will always be at least 85 percent women’s matches.
- Goldberg will be crowned the first-ever RAW 2.0 — COOKED Heavyweight Champion after winning a tournament in Rio that was unfortunately not video-recorded.
RAW 2.0 — COOKED debuts next Monday in a new time-slot, 1:45 am Mountain Time (only).
Pssst, reader, do you like what we do here? If you’d like to support, the best way is by getting a t-shirt. Thank you.