The release date for upcoming WWE 2K15 video game has been bumped into next year as developers scramble to delete recently released wrestler Alberto Del Rio from the playable roster.
The game was originally scheduled for a Halloween release, but the recent dismissal or Del Rio — after allegedly slapping an employee and being “generally kind of boring in ring,” according to a WWE press release — has forced a postponement to April 2015.
“We want WWE 2K15 to be the most realistic game in the franchise so far,” said a representative of developer Yuke’s, “so it’s imperative that the game roster accurately reflect WWE’s. We apologize for the delay.”
The postponement will enable developers to make other refinements to the game to enhance its realism, including:
- Rey Mysterio injures his knee in every match
- Sting perpetually promises to appear in the gameplay, but never does
- Damien Sandow appears in a parade of increasingly ridiculous costumes until quitting WWE in shame
- Batista sometimes appears disguised as The Blue Meanie
- Kane appears periodically in each gaming session to remove and put back on his mask
The new game is to be so realistic that the action often looks completely ridiculous.