“Rowdy” Ronda Rousey is deservedly known as the top female UFC fighter in history, and now many fans and pundits believe she has earned another distinction: the greatest female professional wrestler of all time.
According to WWE.com — known as the world’s most fair and balanced source of sports-entertainment journalism (aside from Kayfabe news) — Rousey is the “single most dominating woman in the history of sports entertainment.”
It’s hard to argue with the stats:
- Rousey is undefeated in WWE
- Rousey made it all the way to WWE without ever having to perform on the small-time indy wrestling circuit — she’s that good!
- Rousey made her WWE debut at WrestleMania — a distinction held by only the most elite stars, such as Fandango — and will make her in-ring debut at WrestleMania 34. That’s even better than Sting, who couldn’t even win his one and only WrestleMania match (he’s no Rousey, that’s for sure!)
- Rousey chokeslammed Triple H through a table (or at least held her hand near his neck while he jumped backward through a table)
- Rousey has pointed at the WrestleMania sign a total of 83 times — more than all other female wrestlers combined!
- Rousey is nicknamed “Rowdy” — an honor bestowed on her by WWE Hall of Famer Rowdy Ricky Steamboat.
All in all, it’s hard to deny that Rousey is, as commentator Michael Cole says repeatedly, the “single greatest thing to ever happen to sports entertainment in the history of ever, period!”