World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) announced this week that the DVD/Blu-Ray release of WrestleMania 30 will feature a “Director’s Cut” of the event in which the Undertaker emerges victorious.
Wrestling fans were shocked and saddened last weekend when the Undertaker’s legendary 21-match winning streak at WrestleMania came to an abrupt end with a loss to Brock Lesnar.
To soothe heartbroken fans, WWE has recruited Hollywood director George Lucas — a master of meddling with movies to revise history — to edit a Director’s Cut in which the Undertaker defeats Lensar with a Tombstone Piledriver at the 15-minute mark.
The Director’s Cut will also feature these other crowd-pleasing revisions:
- Thanks to the magic of CGI, Paul Bearer will appear in the Undertaker’s corner
- The Divas match will be omitted
- The Shield will break up in shocking fashion
- Cesaro will eliminate Big Show from the battle royal after a 100-rotation Cesaro Swing
- Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura will provide commentary
WWE reportedly considered recruiting M. Night Shyamalan for the Director’s Cut, but scrapped the idea after he said WrestleMania would end with Vince McMahon waking up and realizing it was all an elaborate dream.