As sexual misconduct scandals continue to shake the highest levels of Hollywood and politics, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) honcho Vince McMahon is reportedly hoping people will not remember some of the more lascivious storylines of the so-called Attitude Era, such as the time he made Trish Stratus bark like a dog.
“I have no recollection of that,” McMahon replied when asked by a reporter about the incident. “Quite frankly, I have never met a person named Trish Stratus, quite frankly.”
McMahon appeared to adopting the “deny everything” tactic employed by WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump, who lied via Twitter today that he has never met any of the women who have accused him of lecherousness (a whopper almost as preposterous as the time he claimed he was the marquee attraction of the Hall of Fame induction ceremony).
A source close McMahon — who, for the sake of anonymity, asked to be identified only as P. Patterson — said the promoter is “is going banana with worry” that some of the more envelope-pushing segments of the Attitude Era may come back to haunt him, such as:
- The time he had his daughter kidnapped and mock-crucified
- The time Triple H (now his son-in-law) simulated sex with a corpse
- The time he wrestled (and defeated) God.
- The time he demanded a divorce on live television, sending his wife into a catatonic state
- The multiple times he forced employees to kiss his ass
When pressed for comment on those instances, McMahon said they were “Vince Russo’s fault.”