Although it is being touted as a revolutionary paradigm shift for sports-entertainment, WWE’s so-called “New Era” bears some peculiar resemblances to the “2009 Era” of Ring of Honor (ROH).
A careful analysis of the “New Era” talent roster suggests that WWE might be inspired by — if not outright plagiarizing — ROH personalities and storylines from seven years ago.
You may dismiss this notion as a paranoid conspiracy theory, but look at the evidence:
- Kevin Owens looks remarkably similar to retired ROH star Kevin Steen, who now runs a zoo in Australia
- Cesaro is practically a mirror image of ROH mainstay Claudio Castagnioli, although the latter would never have considered wearing a tear-away tuxedo
- Sami Zayn has a similar body type and ring style as El Generico, despite being Canadian instead of Mexican
- AJ Styles is a Ring of Honor alum, who later had a long tenure with Nashville-based TNA (Tits’N’Ass) Wrestling
- Kalisto is obviously Chris Hero under a mask
- Roman Reigns was a top star in Ring of Honor under the ring name “Tyler Black”
According to sources within WWE, the company plans to launch a “Newer Era,” which will feature baby-versus-baby action.