WWE World Heavyweight Champion Triple H was hospitalized in Poughkeepsie last night due to “extreme exhaustion” attributed to his gruelling schedule on WWE’s non-televised “house show” circuit.
A statement issued by WWE this morning says Helmsley was held overnight for observation, and will be taken off the road for an indeterminate duration to recover from over-exertion.
“Hunter Hearst Helmsley prides himself on being the fightingest champion in WWE history,” reads the release, “but for his own good he will not be allowed to continue competing on a nightly basis.”
In the past week alone, Helmsley:
- Battled to a 60-minute time-limit draw against Sami Zayn in Ocala, FL
- Won a steel-cage bloodbath against Kalisto in Red Deer, Alberta
- Defeated Kevin Owens in a Last Man Standing match in Kitchener, Ontario
- Emerged victorious in a three-way dance against Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt in Schenectady, NY
- Won a handicap match against The Big Show and Braun Strowman in Lima, OH
- Won a tournament for the Intercontinental Championship in Rio de Janeiro
Just yesterday alone, Helmsley granted 17 Make-a-Wish requests, filmed the second part of The Chaperone Trilogy, and managed to drink an entire bottle of water without spewing it all over himself.
It is expected that Helmsley will be out of action past WrestleMania, along with the rest of the WWE roster.