With many of its top stars already sidelined, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) had another setback this weekend when Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns and 10 other superstars suffered shoulder injuries at a non-televised live event in Arkansas.
In a staggering string of bad luck, all three members of The New Day and all four members of the Wyatt Family were injured in the same match, as well as main-event players such as Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens.
A press release issued by WWE today describes some of the injuries:
- Reigns has a spinal injury after being pushed too hard too fast
- Lesnar suffered a concussion after trying to deliver a coherent promo
- Xavier Woods has broken a bone in his foot (possibly the trom bone)
- The Undertaker has been deemed unfit to compete on account of his being a deadman
- Owens has been sidelined with high cholesterol
- Big E tore his rooty tooty booty
Because all the injured superstars will be out of action until after WrestleMania, WWE announced today that its annual spectacular will be headlined by Heath Slater versus Epico.